Great Lakes Timber Professionals Association
3243 GOLF COURSE ROAD
Open to Anyone in Forest Industry and/or General Public
Location: Great Lakes Timber Professionals Association - Rhinelander, WI
$145 per person to attend. Space is limited!
Every precaution to keep participants healthy & safe will be taken.
Please register online OR complete this Chainsaw Open Enrollment Registration.pdf
Feel free to contact the FISTA office with any questions: 715-282-4979 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BEGINNER LEVEL COURSE DESCRIPTION:
This chainsaw course is for people with little to no chainsaw experience. We will be covering the following areas in chainsaw safety and operation.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Chainsaw features
- Reactive forces of the chainsaw
- Safe use of the chainsaw
- Introduction to daily maintenance - how to properly maintain your saw and address problems you may accrue with the saw
- The Bore Cut
- Hinge establishment and importance in tree felling
- Open Face Notch
- Evaluation before felling and hazards
- 45-degree exit plan
- Spring pole evaluation and how to handle them
- Limbing and bucking techniques
- Each person must come to class prepared to cut wood. This means wearing the proper PPE, which includes chainsaw chaps/pants, hard hat with full visor and/or safety glasses, gloves, protective toe boots (cut resistant if available), and hearing protection, a chainsaw in proper working order, and fuel/bar oil for the chainsaw.
*Lunch is NOT provided - Please bring your own.*